Veterans Call is hosting an opportunity for kindness—one to help understand the devotion and selflessness of our nation’s Veterans. If you are a Veteran, a part of a military family or an ROTC student, we encourage you to join us in celebrating our Veterans by entering in the Veterans Call scholarship opportunity.
Veterans Call will award a $1000 scholarship to applicants who can tell us –with an image— your thoughts in 200 words or less of what being a Veteran means.
We’ll award $1,000 to one of our Facebook or Instagram followers in college who share a photo and status, in 200 words or less, of what being a Veteran means. To be eligible the applicant must include the hashtag #WhatAVeteranLooksLike (not counted as part of your 200 words) and tag VeteransCall.
How to Enter
- Post an image on Instagram or Facebook with an answer to the prompt in 200 words or less with the hashtag #WhatAVeteranLooksLike and tag Veterans Call (@VeteransCall on Instagram).
- Submissions must be received by midnight by July 31, 2016.
How to Win
The winner will be selected by the Veterans Call team based on the quality and creativity of the photo and 200-word description. The winner will be contacted directly via Instagram or Facebook and announced on our social media pages and corporate website. You do not have to submit to both platforms to be considered.
To Be Eligible
- To be eligible, the entrant must post a photo on Instagram and tag Veterans Call (@VeteransCall on Instagram) and include the hashtag #WhatAVeteranLooksLike. The entrant must also be a current follower of Veterans Call at the end of the entry period.
- The winning photo will be chosen by the Veterans Call team based on the quality and creativity of the photo along with the associated description.
The entrant of the photo is the only person eligible to win regardless of whether other individuals are featured in the photo as well.
- Entrant agrees that the photo can be posted on the Veterans Call Instagram and Facebook accounts and used for other promotional purposes.
- Applicant must be a legal resident of the United States. International students with valid visas are also eligible.
- Prizes will be awarded directly to the winner. Winners will be contacted directly via Instagram or Facebook depending on where the initial post was submitted.
- You must be a Veteran or a member of a military family, and at least 18+ years old. There is no upper age limit to this scholarship.
- We reserve the right to verify the date of your high school graduation and/or college enrollment. We also have the right to verify your visa if you are an international student.
- Posted photos must tag Veterans Call (@VeteransCall on Instagram) and include the hashtag #WhatAVeteranLooksLike in order to be eligible.
- You must have permission and consent from any individuals in the photo for the use of their image before submission.
- If selected, Veterans Call has the right to verify the Veteran mentioned through asking for DD-214 or LES if necessary.
Complete Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Veterans Call $1000 #WhatAVeteranLooksLike Scholarship (“Contest”) starts May 1st, 2016 and ends on July 31, 2016 (“Online Entry Period”). The sponsor of this contest is Veterans Call, LLC. Located at 70 Hudson Street, Suite 3C Hoboken, NJ 07030 the (“Sponsor”). Instagram and Facebook are not sponsors of or associated with the Contest. The Contest shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
ELIGIBILITY: THE Contest IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES or INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS WITH VALID VISAS, AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON THE DATE OF THEIR ENTRY.
Employees and their families of the Sponsor affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, agencies and participating retailers (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”) and those living in the household of same are not eligible to enter or win. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules.
PRIVACY INFORMATION: The photo and information obtained from your entry may be posted by Veterans Call, LLC on the @VeteransCall Instagram account, Facebook page, and VeteransCallusa.org website for other promotional purposes. False and/or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible.