Activistic has designed micro donation apps, including Veterans Call, that connect you with worthwhile causes and donors all over the world, making it easy for you to join others in making a big difference with a little change.
Activistic is about micro donations that give the public control over how much they want to donate, which region they want their money to go to and what cause they want to benefit – all through a few simple steps on their mobile phone.
The key features of Veterans Call are:
- A platform available to everyone;
- Making it easy for anyone to donate in an affordable manner;
- The donation appears on your phone bill – no credit cards or bank details; and
- Minimizing the need for a charity to spend money raising money.
You can download and donate through the Veterans Call App or Website in around 2 minutes.
You choose how much you want to donate and the charity where your donation should go.
At any point you can stop your future donations to a particular charity by replying “STOP” to the charity-specific short code identified when you first agreed to donate.
Find out more about Activistic and the charities we support at www.veteranscallusa.org.
About Veterans Call
Operating System Requirements for App
The Veterans Call App requires an Apple™ iPhone with any version of iOS™ or a smartphone with any version of Android Operating System, an activated SIM card and internet access.
“App” means Veterans Call, Activistic’s mobile application software.
“Activistic” means Activistic Limited, a company with Australian Business Number 007 701 715 and its registered office and principal place of business at Suite 5, 71-73 South Perth Esplanade, South Perth, WA 6151 and specifically includes Activistic Limited’s affiliates and subsidiaries.
“Service” or “Services” means any of the services accessible through the App or Website, including use of the App or Website.
“User Content” means any information or content provided or generated by you when you use the Service.
“We” or “Us” or “Our” refers to Activistic.
“Website” refers to the Veterans Call website (http://veteranscallusa.org/).
- From time to time updates to the App may be issued via the Appstore. Depending on the update, you may not be able to use the Services until you have downloaded the latest version of the App and accepted any new terms.
- By using the App, you consent to us collecting and using technical information about the Devices and related software, hardware and peripherals to improve our products and to provide the Services to you.
- Activistic may use location data sent from the Devices. If you use the Services, you consent to Activistic’s and Activistic’s licensees’ transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of your location data. You may withdraw this consent at any time by turning off the location services setting on the Device; however please be aware that some features of the Service may not function properly if location services are turned off.
- ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE SERVICE
- You need to be at least 18 years old to download the App and/or use the Website. All donations must be authorized by the account holder (e.g., parents).
- If you are a user who donates through the App or Website, including through our DonateMate feature, you will enter a cell phone number. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your cell phone. Activistic will not be responsible for any liabilities, losses, or damages arising out of the unauthorised use of your cell phone.
- Your permission to use the Services is conditional upon the following acceptable use restrictions. You warrant to Activistic that you will:
- not post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libellous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;
- not use the Services for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- not use the Services to harass, abuse or harm another person or group or attempt to;
- not use another individual’s cell phone number to make a donation without permission;
- not provide false or inaccurate information when using the Services or donating through the App;
- not interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service or infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use of the Service by any third party;
- not make any automated use of the App or Website, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- not bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the App or Website; use any software, technology or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the App or Website; or harvest or manipulate data;
- not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer;
- use the Service for personal use only, and not for reproduction or for commercial gain;
- use the Service in a way which ensures that no part of the App or Website is copied, stored in a retrieval system or transferred in any form or by any means (including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, printed or recorded) without the prior permission of Activistic;
- not modify, translate, adapt or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the App, Website or any part thereof;
- not combine or incorporate the App, Website, or any part thereof with or into any other programs;
- not reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the App or Website software or any part thereof;
- not remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices included on or in the App or Website software, including any copy thereof;
- not use the Service fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or selling malicious codes, including viruses or harmful data;
- not give anyone else your passwords or access codes; and
- not use the Service in a way which may damage our reputation.
- ONLINE CONTENT DISCLAIMER
- Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service, but not directly by Activistic, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content.
- Activistic and its suppliers and licensors do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Service and neither do Activistic nor its suppliers and licensors adopt nor endorse, nor are Activistic nor its suppliers and licensors responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by parties other than Activistic, including the charities partnering with Activistic.
- Activistic and its suppliers and licensors take no responsibility and assume no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party posts or sends over the Service. As far as permitted by law, Activistic and its suppliers and licensors will not be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the Service, or transmitted to users.
- If you become aware of misuse of our Service, please contact us – email@example.com.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ACTIVISTIC, ACTIVISTIC’S DIRECTORS OR EMPLOYEES, OR ACTIVISTIC’S SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS OR PARTNERS (INCLUDING ANY CHARITY) (THE “ACTIVISTIC PARTIES”), BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR: (1) ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, INCOME, USE, OR DATA, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (C) THE SERVICE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH THE ACTIVISTIC PARTIES OR ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE; (2) INTERRUPTIONS OR DELAYS TO THE SERVICE; (3) THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE; OR (4) ANY INFORMATION, GOODS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE APP OR WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE APP OR WEBSITE.
- YOU AGREE THAT THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE ACTIVISTIC PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE ACTIVISTIC PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- AVAILABILITY OF SERVICE
- You understand and agree that interruptions of the Service may occur due to scheduled or emergency maintenance, or updates and repair by Activistic. From time to time, it may become necessary for Activistic to stop, reboot, disable, reconfigure, re-route or otherwise interrupt the Service for indeterminate and unpredictable lengths of time. You agree that under no circumstances will Activistic be held liable for any financial or other damages due to such interruptions.
- We reserve the right to refuse service. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, but are not obligated, to refuse access to the Service to anyone, at any time, for any reason or no reason.
- From time to time, it may be necessary for us to update certain software, applications and/or the Service without prior notice. The updated version may not be compatible with your content. You are solely responsible for adjusting your content to ensure compatibility with the updated version and you agree that Activistic shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage you or any other person may suffer as a result of our update to certain software, applications and/or the Service.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND/OR MATERIALS
- As part of the Service, Activistic may provide you with convenient links to third party website(s) (“Third Party Sites”) as well as content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Applications, Software or Content”). These links are provided as a courtesy to Service subscribers.
- Activistic has no control over Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content or the promotions, materials, information, goods or services available on these Third Party Sites or Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by Activistic, and Activistic is not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through the Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on, available through or installed from the site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Applications, Software or Content.
- Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by Activistic. If you have any concerns about the content of any aspect of any Third Party Site or any website purporting to associate itself with Activistic, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide to leave the App and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the App or relating to any applications you use or install from the App.
- VIRUSES AND ERRORS
While Activistic makes all reasonable and proportionate attempts to exclude viruses from the App, it cannot ensure or guarantee such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. In particular Activistic does NOT warrant:
- That the functions contained in the App or Website will be uninterrupted or error free;
- That defects will be detected;
- That the App, Website, or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or bugs.
You are strongly recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading the App or using the Website.
- USER CONTENT
- You may be able to post User Content to social media through the App or Website. You are solely responsible for the User Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the App or Website. You agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. Activistic, however, reserves the right to review, remove, or edit any User Content from the App or Website at its discretion.
- The following rules pertain to User Content. By transmitting and submitting any User Content while using the Service, you agree as follows:
- You are solely responsible for your Device and the activity that occurs on the App or Website from your Device;
- You will not post information that is malicious, false or inaccurate;
- You will not submit User Content that is copyrighted or subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy, publicity, trade secret, etc., unless you are the owner of such rights or have the appropriate permission from their rightful owner to specifically submit such User Content; and
- You understand and agree that any liability, loss or damage that occurs as a result of any User Content that you make available or access through your use of the Service is solely your responsibility. Activistic and its suppliers and licensors are not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content. Activistic does not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. However, at our discretion, we, or technology we employ, may monitor and/or record your interactions with the Service.
Although the App uses encryption security software as Activistic deems appropriate, the security of your information and payments transmitted via the internet cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained by you when transmitting your information through the Service shall be borne solely and exclusively by you and in no event shall any such loss be borne in whole or part by Activistic or its suppliers licensors, employees, or agents.
- LICENCE GRANT
By posting any User Content via the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, to Activistic a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service.
- immediately and without notice if you breach or attempt or threaten to breach any of the acceptable use restrictions.
- On termination for any reason:
- you must immediately delete or remove the App from all Devices, and immediately destroy all copies of the App then in your possession, custody or control and certify to us that you have done so.
- EMAIL MAY NOT BE USED TO PROVIDE NOTICE BY YOU
Communications made through the App’s e-mail and messaging system, will not constitute legal notice to Activistic or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where notice to Activistic is required by contract or any law or regulation.
- USER CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS IN ELECTRONIC FORM
- We may also use your email address and/or mobile phone number to send you other messages, including information about Activistic, notices, alerts and special offers. You may opt out of such email or SMS by sending an email to email@example.com or mail to the following postal address:
71-73 South Perth Esplanade
South Perth, WA 6151
Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding Activistic, its services or special offers.
- GENERAL TERMS
- FORCE MAJEURE. Activistic shall not be held in breach of its obligations nor liable to you for any loss or damage which may be suffered by you or any other person or organization, for any cause beyond the reasonable control of Activistic. This includes (but is not limited to) any act of God, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, lightening, inclement weather, disease, epidemic, strike, riot, invasion, trade dispute, act of terrorism, war or threat or preparation for war, impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks, third-party provider outages, cable cuts, fluctuations or non-availability of electrical power, heat, light, air conditioning or Activistic equipment, loss and destruction of property, and any act or omission of government or regulatory bodies or of communications operators.
- EXPORT REGULATION. The App may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export or release the App to, or make the App accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export or release is prohibited by law, rule or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing or otherwise making the App available outside the US.
Scope of This Policy
Our Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
Activistic may collect personal information from you when you utilize the Service, contact us over the telephone, send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax, or email), or visit us in person. When making a donation, Activistic requires individuals to provide a telephone number and, when using the DonateMate feature on our Website, their name and email address. When using the App, individuals can also elect to provide their first name, last name, and email address. You may also be asked to provide additional information to confirm your identity for password establishment, re-setting, and for other purposes.
Information We Collect Automatically
Activistic collects information to provide, monitor, analyze, promote, and improve the Service as discussed below. Activistic may also collect information about any transactions carried out between you and us in connection with our Service.
Cookies and similar technologies. Activistic may collect information through the use of common information-gathering tools such as cookies. A cookie is a piece of text placed on your computer’s hard drive to help analyze web traffic. Cookies allow web applications to tailor their operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. You have the option to delete or decline cookies by changing your browser’s settings. No personally identifiable information is stored in these cookies.
IP Address and Statistical Information. Activistic may collect information from your interaction with the Service, such IP address or statistics in connection with page views.
Location Information. We may collect and process information about the location of the device from which you are accessing the Service. Location data may convey information about how you browse the Service and may be used in conjunction with personally identifiable information. You can disable location services in settings on your device; however please be aware that some features of the Service may not function properly if location services are turned off.
How We Use Your Information
Activistic may use the information we collect from or about you as detailed below.
As Directed By You. We will use the information we collect from or about you to process your donation registration and perform authorized financial transactions with you and your associated service providers or in a manner consistent with your consent (express or implied).
Direct Marketing. By using the Service, you consent to our use of your personal information. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from Activistic, you may unsubscribe in the marketing email or communication sent to you by following the instructions in that communication or by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailing Lists. By using the Service, you may be added to Activistic’s mailing lists that we provide for your convenience. You may unsubscribe from Activistic’s email lists at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
To Improve the Service. We may use the information we collect from or about you as necessary to (i) maintain, provide, and improve the Service; or (ii) to resolve a support request from you. We may also monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns to help improve our Website and App.
How We Share Your Information
Activistic may disclose information we collect from or about you to its affiliates and third party partners, including as described below.
Charities. Your information may be disclosed to the charities to which you choose to donate through the Service.
Service Providers. Your information may be shared with third party service providers that assist Activistic in transferring donations to entities or similar customer services.
Law Enforcement. We may disclose your information (including your personally identifiable information) if we are legally required to do so. We may also disclose your information to government authorities or law enforcement if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to do so in order to comply with a law or regulation; to protect the public health or safety of any person; to address fraud, security, or technical issues; or to protect Activistic’s rights or property.
In an Aggregate and Non-Personally Identifiable Manner. We may disclose aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about the overall use of our Service publicly or with interested third parties to help us improve the Service.
How We Store Your Information
How We Protect Your Information
Activistic is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Unfortunately, no data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, any of your personal information, Activistic has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects.
Our Service is not directed to persons under the age of 13. Activistic does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allows such persons to register for an account on the Service. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will promptly take steps to remove that information from our systems. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links To Other Websites, Mobile Sites and Applications
Our Website and App may contain links to other websites, mobile sites, or mobile applications not affiliated with Activistic. Activistic does not have any control over external websites, mobile sites and mobile applications. Your use of an external website or application is subject to and governed by the terms and guidelines of those websites or applications.
Correcting Or Updating Your Personal Information
If you believe that any personal information Activistic is holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, or if you want to change your communication preferences regarding direct communications, please contact Activistic as soon as possible at email@example.com. Activistic will revise any information that is incorrect, or update or change your information preferences in reasonable time.